Saturday, July 5, 2008

Premiere

Yeah, I get on my soapbox about a lot of stuff. Some of it, I probably need to let go. Other stuff, perfectly legitimate -- at least in my opinion.

My mom used to say that I needed to preface my thoughts with "in my opinion . . ." and I'm free and clear; nobody can sue you for libel or whatever.

Sometimes I get irritated by the stuff I read in the paper. My best buddy tells me, "Stop reading the %%$%@**&$ paper!" I can't help it -- I'm a reading junkie. I try to stay "current", whatever that means.

Like --
The folks in Sacramento who were being fined by the city for letting their grass die. Seems it's against the law in Sacramento to not "irrigate" one's lawn. However, these folks thought it was irresponsible to water grass during a drought. So they let their grass die. And were threatened with a fine of, something like, $500 a day. Evidently, cooler heads prevailed and the city council is considering rescinding the ordinance, and the folks don't have to pay the fine. There is justice in the world, sometimes.

I'll never be as good a writer as my girls, but I try.

No comments: